Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sew Mama Sew gets me thinking

  • What do you usually sew? I started sewing when I was pregnant with Olivia. I wanted to make quilts. Lately, I have been into sewing clothing for her.
  • When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? I must confess that I LOVE fat quarters. So if I see a charm pack in beautiful colors I buy. I also buy fabric in 1 yard cuts.
  • Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need? I have mostly bought because the fabric was too pretty to leave behind. :)
  • Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it? I am a new convert to pre-washing.
  • Do you iron it? never!
  • How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.) I don't have much so I just stack it.
  • Do you have any special folding techniques? nope!
  • How do you store your fabric? I currently have my fabric in baskets.
  • What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? A little bit from all the top designers.
  • When do you say enough is enough? I say when you have enough to fill 3 baskets...that's enough... so get sewing!
  • What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
  • Do you have a current favorite print in your stash?
  • What’s your definition of the perfect stash? All the colors of the rainbow and in between!

No comments:

slideshow