Thursday, December 4, 2008

December is here!

It's cold outside! I just finished a hot cocoa, a diet Dr. Pepper, and some beef jerky. I know....gross, but I had cravings. No..I'm not pregnant. I'm just happily enjoying celebrating the season with my kids. So far we have made cinnamon ornaments,
filled out "thankful cards",
written a wish list,





made a cookie sheet advent calendar,
(can't wait to see yours..V!), started a felt advent calendar,
made an accordion chipboard decoration,
made yummy reindeer cookies, and picked out buttons for ornaments for the kids to make. Every season brings with it opportunities for fun, kid crafts, and quality time together. I'm loving it. :) Then today Granny gave us an advent calendar that is so cool. We can't wait to start it. It is the 12 days of Christmas. The 12 days are 12 names for Jesus and a short study on the meanings. The names are on paper ornaments you put on your tree as you count down. Also, somewhere around here I have a fictional book to read as well. Ahhh!..... so much to do. The best part of all this?? Greg is home in the evenings and weekends to be a part of it!

No comments:

slideshow