Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

We decided to have fun today since both Olivia and Greg had the day off. It'll be a while before they both have a weekday off since Greg is starting his new job soon. Yay for him! We started out trying to get a picture of Nathan at the polls with his "Me for President" shirt to send to my brothers. This is the best we got:



vote over there


Then we got our free Krispy Kreme Star donuts for voting!



We had a picnic at the park, walked the trail, and played on the playground.













Before going home we stopped at Target and Walmart to buy Barbie clothes and a pattern for doll clothes. Veronica......come over!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to attempt to make some doll clothes for Olivia's doll.




We had a weinie roast to finish our election day fun and decided to make this a tradition for our family.




EVERYTHING is a big deal with us! :) We don't need a big excuse to celebrate.






The kids are cozy in bed now. Greg and I are watching the election coverage while I eat my new favorite-B & J's Cherry Garcia.

Today is one of those days I hope we remember forever.

1 comment:

Verlow said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great election day! Love the pictures! Yes I do need to come over and watch you try to sew!! Ha ha ha! No, maybe I'll dig out my machine and try to sew too!!

slideshow